Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wuthering Heights - Formative Journal #1

This was my group's very first week of lit circles so we were just getting the feel for it. Wuthering Heights is a relatively difficult bok to read with a rather confusing beginning. Figuring out the characters and their relations took up a good deal of our discussions this week. The book also has flashbacks to a time many years earlier involving the same characters, so hammering out who was who and what they had done was pretty tough at the start.I think my group made great progress from our puzzled beginning to really starting to figure out the story.

I believe I did well in my lit circle this week. I, along with my entire group, was asking questions and trying to figure out the story at the beginning: something that has proven essential to enjoying this novel. Although my group members were a little confused at the start too, we each knew little things. Collectively, we managed a whole lot! I managed to understand the connection between Heathcliff and Hareton Earnshaw, as well as I am coming to understand the family tree.I have not had the need to pull anyone in my group in because they have all also been actively participating. My group has begun to discuss the issues arising, but since it is the beginning not many of these have come up yet. I sense, and know from my reading, that there will be much more to discuss in the following group discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment